02 December 2009

Paper Cup

My eyes traverse this whole side of the earth
in a paper cup.
I have emptied it a minute ago--
black coffee I almost spilled
when you asked me something
unanswerable

And yet I did answer
the same time I reprimanded myself
for having emptied the cup too soon.
I didn’t want to startle you
so I stayed silent about coffee particles
that have settled to the base:

They refuse to dissolve, continents of them
like how it must feel
to stay self, particulate
despite intimations of promises
I cannot dare unmask.
And I bask

At how well I hid from you
the strangest information of
their motility when I tilted the container--
paper cup whose rim I tore up
when I told you something
incomprehensible

Like time.

4 comments:

  1. "WOW! JUST WOW!" Phoebe Buffay!

    (This was when Ross played his "music." I can't remember exactly what Phoebe said, but I'm almost positive there was a "Wow" and "Just"

    Love this poem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh!!!! i did not mean to say that your beautiful poem is like ross' music when i said "wow, just wow!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tim!

    Thanks! Gnahan sad biya ko ani nga poem ay. Weird lang kay dugay na jud kaau ni pero until now ganahan japon ko niya.;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha. kahinumdum ko sa music ni ross. Hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete

Search Site

Into the Mind of Lead Character

Google Analytics