27 November 2009

What the Fuck Is the Big Deal With Power?

If I were to have power, I would like it to be supernatural, like the power of flight. The power of flight, most especially, because then I would be able to go to places without worrying about traffic. I’d only have to worry about the sun if I flew during noontime. Hell, this would prevent me from going to work late. Although, come to think of it, since I currently have a home-based job, I do not have to worry about going to work late; all I need to worry about is waking up early. I could then just wish for the power of being able to sleep whenever I need to, as because of my insomnia (or the inability of my mind to shut itself during bedtime) I barely get any sleep on work days. In this case, though, I could just wish for the power to not sleep at all for all eternity. This way, I can do all the things that need to get done in a day. I can even juggle three jobs all at once while working on a novel, a screenplay, and a book of faux love poems dedicated to a hurtful man. Any extra hours I could just spend self-learning French.

Of all the kinds of power one could wish for, I do not see why someone would crave badly for political power. So much so that the massacre of 57 or so people is a necessity if that political power were threatened.

When I found out about the Maguindanao massacre, which is now aptly called the Ampatuan massacre (after the name of the town where the crime took place, which is also named after the very family suspected of being responsible for this horrific turn of human events), I could not help but well up. The very idea of mass killing just to protect a legacy that does not even predict the ending to “Lost” (one of the most important things on the planet) is just too confusing for me.


Photo taken from the Facebook group
"JUSTICE FOR THE VICTIMS OF
MAGUINDANAO MASSACRE, PHILIPPINES"


Why the fuck kill?

Why the fuck kill 57 or so people?

This whole thing reminded me of my friend’s father, who was shot a couple of years ago today (I will never forget because it happened during Thanksgiving Day in the U.S.) just because he ran for mayor in a town where the last mayor at the time was killed as backlash for his own oppressive ways. Even with the mayor killed, the area was pretty much still run by his family, which made my friend’s father decide to run to end the oppression once and for all. My friend’s father lost the election, but even after that, his car was sprayed with bullets on his way home from work. He lived, thank goodness, but so did injustice, because the shooters were never apprehended, and the people who masterminded the shooting would always remain suspects.

I just hope this time, with 57 or so people shot to death like they were mere plastic ducks in some transient fair that pops up during town fiestas, justice will be served.

Or I will surely wish for the power to cause torturous guilt. And those murderous horsefuckers will be so sorry they’ll end up chewing on shards of glass, and even that won’t be enough to atone for their shit.

1 comment:

  1. woah! this post is full of intensity.

    i am with you and woith the rest of the world in condemning the horsefuckers!

    hay... ambot nlang jud ning election. manglugwa jud tanan krimen aron mudaog or maretain ang ilang office. pagkapaet!

    ReplyDelete

Search Site

Into the Mind of Lead Character

Google Analytics