09 October 2008

Lead Character’s Top Ten Favorite TV Quotes

This list does not necessarily reflect literary genius or life-changing profundity; just the power with which the lines were delivered relative to the characters who said them and the characters they said them to and the situations the characters were in. To put this more bluntly, this is really just about how much they had an effect on Lead Character.

10
“Destiny is a fickle bitch.”
- Ben Linus to John Locke, Lost

9
“So the thumpa thumpa continues. It always will. No matter what happens. No matter who is President. As our Lady of Disco, the divine Ms Gloria Gaynor has sung to us: We will survive.”
- Michael Novotny, Queer as Folk

8
“Hi, um, Scotty, it’s-it’s Kevin, your least favorite Martian. Look, I’ve been on your planet for 34 years and I still get a lot of things wrong like about, um, money and work and people and life and love. Everything. Anyway, I just wanted you to know that I think you’re amazing and funny and cute as hell and I just hope that someday, I don’t know, maybe three Martian years from now because our years are longer than yours, maybe I could be worthy of your human love and respect, whether we’re together or not.”
- Kevin Walker to Scotty Wandell (over the phone), Brothers & Sisters

7
“The real truth is, I probably don't want to be too happy or content. Because, then what? I actually like the quest, the search. That's the fun. The more lost you are, the more you have to look forward to.”
- Ally McBeal, Ally McBeal

6
"Okay, here it is, your choice... it's simple, her or me, and I'm sure she’s really great. But Derek, I love you, in a really, really big pretend to like your taste in music, let you eat the last piece of cheesecake, hold a radio over my head outside your window, unfortunate way that makes me hate you, love you. So pick me, choose me, love me."
- Meredith Grey to Derek Shepherd, Grey’s Anatomy

5
“I thought our story was epic, you know. You and me... Spanning years and continents, lives ruined, bloodshed... Epic!... But summer's almost here and we won't see each other again. And then you'll leave town, and then... it's over. I'm sorry about last summer. You know, if I could do it over... Noone writes songs about the ones that come easy.”
- Logan Echolls to Veronica Mars, Veronica Mars

4
“The reason you haven't felt it is because it doesn't exist. What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons. You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts.”
- Don Draper to Rachel Menken, Mad Men

3
“When I say, 'I love you,' it's not because I want you or because I can't have you. It has nothing to do with me. I love what you are, what you do, how you try. I've seen your kindness and your strength. I've seen the best and the worst of you. And I understand with perfect clarity exactly what you are. You're a hell of a woman.”
- Spike to Buffy, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

2
"I just wanna reach over and... But I also want to do nothing, because I wanna make sure I know you for as long as I can without fucking it up... which is, like, my special superpower. That's why I don't want to touch you. That's pretty much verbatim, moment for moment, what I was thinking when I was looking at you with the weirdness. I'm sorry I made you uncomfortable. You'll never be able to see yourself the way other people see you. The way I see you. Which is a shame. Because you are... I really think you have no idea how beautiful you are."
- Billy Chenowith to Claire Fisher, Six Feet Under

1
“I, Ross, take thee Rachel.”
- Ross Gellar, Friends

6 comments:

  1. nakahilak jud kog durian anang number 6..gibalik2 nku and pirated na dvd ana nga time para ibalik kadto na linya. hehe.. napirated copy samot hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no. 6, ka remember ka that we memorized that line?

    and how come i don't see the line, "i was never your partner, i am just your wife...kaya 'di mo ako nirerespeto." Sharon to Boyet in Madrasta.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Re: cathapulan--> ako pod geng! gi-memorize jud na namo sa PS ay. kato pong "you don't get to call me a whore" ug "i will never forgive you!" "for dying?" "no! for making me love you!" hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Re: JabberedOnion--> haller! TV quotes gani! Cge lang mag come up nya ko ug Top 10 for PInoy movies. ;-) winner jud ang "Ampon! Ampon! Ampon!" -Lotlot de Leon in I Love You Mama, I Love You Papa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ' “I, Ross, take thee Rachel.”
    - Ross Gellar, Friends '

    one of the shortest, heck it's only 5 words [hehehe], but it was probably the most unforgettable moment in TV history...well, second to ross and rachel's first real kiss and charlie [of LOST] dying!

    ReplyDelete

Search Site

Into the Mind of Lead Character

Google Analytics